Regional Investigations Teams
The National Trading Standards Regional Investigations Teams target criminals involved with doorstep crime, counterfeiting, consumer and business fraud and other related crime. They operate across England and Wales through eight regionally based teams covering:
- Central England Trading Standards Authorities (CeNTSA)
- North East Trading Standards Authorities (NETSA)
- Trading Standards East Midlands (TSEM)
- Trading Standards North West (TSNW)
- Tri Region, on behalf of Trading Standards South East Ltd (TSSEL), East of England Trading Standards Association (EETSA) and London Trading Standards authorities (LTS)
- Trading Standards Partnership South West (SWERCOTS)
- Yorkshire and Humber Trading Standards Group (YAHTSG) and
- Wales Heads of Trading Standards (WHoTS)
Last year (from 1 April 2015 - 31 March 2016) 46 criminals were convicted following investigations by National Trading Standards’ Regional Investigation Teams. Those convictions led to 114 years of custodial sentences, £215,000 of fines being imposed on criminals as well as £525,000 in court costs. £928,000 was also confiscated from criminals as a result of their investigations.
Examples of recent activity undertaken by Regional Investigations Teams can be found on the News section.
Regional Investigations Teams Press Releases
Man convicted after fulfillment house investigation
14th September 2017
Man behind call blocker scam ordered to pay £128,950
13th September 2017
Duo convicted of major vacuum servicing fraud
14th July 2017
£1.3m in ill-gotten gains seized from Derby-based advertising fraudsters
12th May 2017
Four men sentenced to 11 years and 9 months in building fraud case
3rd April 2017
The National Trading Standards Work Areas
National Trading Standards has teams overseeing a range of issues, from illegal money lending to copycat websites and doorstep crime.
Scams Awareness Month 2017
Citizens Advice and partners across the consumer protection landscape are leading activities throughout the month of July for Scams Awareness Month.
Consumer Harm Report 2015-16
National Trading Standards’ annual Consumer Harm Report highlights key data and emerging threats to consumers
Friends Against Scams
We are encouraging people to Take a Stand Against Scams